It uses some of the tables used by MetaMap but all lexical variants used in the table are pre-processed. Named Entities are found using longest match. Restriction by UMLS source and Semantic type is optional. Part-of-speech tagging which improves precision by a small amount (at the cost of speed) is also optional. Negation detection is available using either Wendy Chapman's context or a native negation detection algorithm based on Wendy Chapman's NegEx which is somewhat less effective, but faster.
- MetaMapLite requires a minimum of 16GB of disk space when it has been uncompressed.
- MetaMapLite requires a minimum of 2GB of memory to run. At least 4GB is recommended.
- You will need a working version of bunzip2 or WinZip or 7-Zip to uncompress the MetaMapLite download file depending on which one you download. If you do not have a copy of bunzip2, it is available from http://www.bzip.org/. Similarly, WinZip is available from http://www.winzip.com/. And 7-Zip is available at http://www.7-zip.org.
- To run MetaMapLite, you will need the Java Runtime Environment (JRE). We have tested MetaMapLite with JRE 1.7. The JRE is available from: http://www.java.com
- To use MetaMapLite, you must comply with the MetaMap Terms and Conditions.
- To download MetaMapLite,
you must have accepted the terms of the
License Agreement, which requires you to respect the copyrights
of the constituent vocabularies and to file a brief annual report on
your use of the UMLS. You also must have activated
a UMLS Terminology Services (UTS)
account. For information on how we use UTS authentication please select
the Info icon to the right:
For details of the licenses see the UMLS Metathesaurus License Agreement and How to License and Access the Unified Medical Language System® (UMLS®) Data.
The 3.4 version of MetaMapLite now optionally adds scoring similar to the original MetaMap of concept mapping results for BRAT output and ranked indexing results for MMI Output using MetaMap's Ranked Indexing algorithm. MMI Results may be somewhat different from MetaMap's due to differences in MetaMapLite's mapping scores which are supplied as input to the MMI Ranked Indexing algorithm.
- MetaMapLite 2017 3.4 binaryonly Version Contains MetaMapLite sources, jar files, and configuration, but no UMLS dataset. (WinZip - 250m), [sha1sum], [md5sum]
- MetaMapLite 2017 3.4 with Category 0 (Base) UMLS dataset (WinZip - 1g), [sha1sum], [md5sum]
- MetaMapLite 2017 3.4 with Category 0+4+9 (USAbase) UMLS dataset (WinZip - 1g), [sha1sum], [md5sum]
MetaMapLite 2016 3.1 SNAPSHOT
- MetaMapLite 2016 3.1 SNAPSHOT Version (WinZip - 601 MB), [sha1sum], [md5sum]
- MetaMapLite 2016 3.1 SNAPSHOT Version (Bzip2 Tar - 544 MB), [sha1sum], [md5sum]
MetaMapLite 2016 3.0 SNAPSHOT
Example MetaMapLite Servlet
- Example of using MetaMapLite in a Servlet instance. The archive provides a minimal example of ANT project demostrating the use of MetaMapLite in a servlet instance.